Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Economic Management and Green Development
Series Vol. 44
, 10 November 2023
Access | Article
Analysis of the Tactics of NBA Pricing Tickets
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Advances in Economics, Management and Political Sciences, Vol. 44,
Published 10 November 2023. © 2023 The Author(s). Published by EWA
This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and
of the Creative Commons
Attribution (CC BY) license
, which permits
unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the
original work is properly cited.
Citation Pengshen Yang. Analysis of the Tactics of NBA Pricing Tickets. AEMPS (2023) Vol. 44: 8-13. DOI: 10.54254/2754-1169/44/20232174.
Despite the effects of the economic crisis, the United States has maintained its position as a global leader in the innovation of professional sports development, drawing attention to the progress of its professional stadiums. The ultimate goal of stadium marketing is to attract more spectators to enter the stadium to watch the game and bring more economic income through the sale of tickets, and the audience needs to buy corresponding tickets to enter the stadium to watch the game according to their own needs, so that the price of tickets can have interactions between the audience and the stadium. This study combines a literature review and critical analysis to investigate NBA ticket pricing. The paper confirms that, in general, ticket prices go up as proximity to the action on the field increases, and that teams based in large basketball markets charge more than those in smaller markets.
NBA, ticket pricing, basketball market
1. Peng Xiaoyi. An Analytical Study on Ticket Pricing of NBA/NHL Professional Stadiums in the United States[D]. Central China Normal University, 2011, 33-35.
2. Heather J. Lawrence.James Kahler. Ron T, Conton. An Examination of Luxury Suite Ownership in ProfessionaSports [M]. Elsevier, 2007, 101-102.
3. Seating Charts, 2022. https://www.wellsfargocenterphilly.com/assets/img/Updated-76ers-Seating-Chart-v7-copy-8f7e1aa8d1.png
4. Seat Geek, 2022. https://seatgeek.com/
5. The Economics of Sports Facilities and Their Communities [J] . John Siegfried,Andrew Zimbalist. The Journal of Economic Perspectives . 2000 (3).
6. Tactics used by sports organizations in the United States to increase ticket sales [J] . Dennis R. Howard,John L. Crompton. Managing Leisure . 2004 (2).
7. NBA Fan Cost Index of Team Marketing Report, 2022. https://teammarketing.com/fci/2021-22-nba-fan-cost-index/
8. Alder Almo, Knicks remain as most expensive NBA team to watch, 2022. https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/knicks-remain-as-most-expensive-nba-team-to-watch/#:~:text=According%20to%20Team%20Marketing%20Report%27s,single%20general%20ticket%20costing%20%24186.3
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available
from the authors upon reasonable request.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0
Authors who publish this series agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the series right of first publication
with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution
License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the
work's authorship and initial publication in this series.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual
for the non-exclusive distribution of the series's published version of the
(e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with
acknowledgment of its initial publication in this series.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in
institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the
process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and
citation of published work (See Open Access Instruction).
- Volume Title
- Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Economic Management and Green Development
- ISBN (Print)
- ISBN (Online)
- Published Date
- 10 November 2023
- Advances in Economics, Management and Political Sciences
- ISSN (Print)
- ISSN (Online)
- © 2023 The Author(s)
- Open Access
- This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and
conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license, which
permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium,
provided the original work is properly cited