Series Vol. 16 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
In the context of the increasing awareness of sovereignty in the world and the changing relationship between China and the United States, the employment situation of Chinese students after studying in the United States is one of the hot issues of concern in today's society. For international students, the employment situation at home and abroad is changing and has changed dramatically, and the phenomenon of devaluation of "returnees" is becoming more and more common compared to the early days of reform and opening up. The research method of this paper is SWOT analysis, and the specific research methods are as follows: collecting the employment-related data of Chinese international students in the US in recent years, comparing the employment situation of international students at home and abroad by using SWOT analysis, and making a comprehensive analysis and evaluation of the employment situation of Chinese international students returning to China and staying in the US. To sum up, in the age of information technology, a large amount of information can be collected beyond geographical and spatial restrictions, and international students can even obtain information on time abroad. From the above, if the barriers to learning are removed, international students can overcome the obstacles and make up for the shortcomings with their own efforts.
Chinese students, employment situation, study abroad, US
1. Hu Yue. A study of Chinese students' perceptions of the benefits of studying abroad.2022. East China Normal University, MA thesis.
2. An Analysis of Changes in U.S. International Student Admission Policies During the Obama-Trump Administrations -- 2022-05-01 Shi Qinghuan.
3. Mentorx Education and Industrial Bank Jointly Release “2018 White Paper on U.S. Employment for Chinese International Students” -- 2018-07-05 Yi Yu, Yang Mingxu, Du Yana.
4. Chinese Students Show a Continuous “Decline” in Their Interest in Studying in the United States -- 2022-08-13 Qiu Wenhan.
5. A Study of Chinese and Foreign Legal Language in Comparison --2022-02-15 Yangmin, Wang Yawen.
6. The Comparison and Insights of Chinese and Foreign Accounting Reports -- 2021-08-20 Yang yunyan.
7. Shi, Dianfei, Zou, Xinbo,and Li, Lanxi." The impact of the epidemic on the consumption psychology of Chinese students to the United States." Modern Business .02(2021):33-37. doi:10.14097/j.cnki.5392/2021.02.011.
8. What benefits are available to international students returning to their home countries—2022-09-09 HuiTan international education
9. 2021 China Returnee Employment Survey Report
10. How to find a job after returning to China as an international student--XingHan
11. International students' employment advantages and disadvantages and career planning—HuiZhi study abroad.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.