Series Vol. 8 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
The main content of the whole article is to express that real estate has caused too much pressure on young people. As we all know, the real estate business has become more and more prosperous in recent years, and many rich people like to buy many houses, because they think the house will preserve its value, they speculate the house price very high. And it is the young people who suffer from this. Compared with ten years ago, they need to spend more time and energy to complete the goal of buying a house. This This is especially true after the outbreak of the epidemic. In the United States, many companies have to lay off employees or reduce wages to maintain the operation of the company in order to solve the losses caused by the epidemic. It is difficult for graduates to find jobs during this period, let alone one Set up your own house.
housing prices, real estate, average salary, rents, mortgage rate, supply and demand
1. Congressional research service,2021. p. 1-3 <https://sgp.fas.org/crs/misc/IF11327.pdf>
3. U.S Bureau of Labor Statistic, 2022, p.1<https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/UNRATE# >
4. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, 2021, p.3 <https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/cfpb_Housing_insecurity_and_the_COVID-19_pandemic.pdf>
5. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 2022, Meghan Henry, Tanya de Sousa, Colette Tano, Nathaniel Dick, Rhaia Hull, Meghan Shea, Tori Morris, and Sean Morris, Abt Associates, p.4<https://www.huduser.gov/portal/sites/default/files/pdf/2021-AHAR-Part-1.pdf>
6. Wyatte Grantham-philips, 2022, College students expect to make $103,880 after graduation – almost twice the reality<https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2022/05/05/college-grads- salary-expectations/9656696002/>
7. Kyle Barron, Edward Kung, Davide Proserpio. 2019. The Effect of Home-Sharing on House Prices and Rents: Evidence from Airbnb. P.1-2<https://marketing.wharton.upenn.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/09.05.2019-Proserpio-Davide-Paper.pdf>
8. Homelessness in America / Who Experiences Homelessness? / Youth and Young Adults,2020<https://endhomelessness.org/homelessness-in-america/who-experiences-homelessness/youth/>
9. Conor Dougherty,2020. New York Times, Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build Build<https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/business/economy/housing-crisis-conor-dougherty-golden-gates.html>
10. Joy Moses, 2018. New Research Quantifies the Link Between Housing Affordability and Homelessnes <https://endhomelessness.org/blog/new-research-quantifies-link-housing-affordability-homelessness/ >
13. Theresa Kuchler,Monika Piazzesi and Johannes Stroebel, 2022. Housing Market Expectations <https://stanford.edu/~piazzesi/Housing_Market_Expectations.pdf
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.