Series Vol. 8 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Globalization refers to the cross and cultural dissemination of commodities, finance, technology and information in various countries, which will make various countries more connected to each other, and within economic point of view globalization will increase the connection between countries, international trade, business /financial cooperation and mutual influence in politics. The further increase in international trade not only increases the global interconnectivity and interdependence, but also has a great impact on UK's domestic economy. This article will take a look at globalization and international trade with China, discussing exactly how China is affecting the UK economy and the future of international trade with China.
globalization, economies, international trade
1. Matthew, W.: Statistics on UK trade with China. CBP-7379, 2-3(2020). From https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7379/
2. The world bank. (2022). GDP (current US$) - China | Data. World development-indicators,1960-2021,GDP-China.https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.CD?contextual=&locations=CN.
3. The world bank. (2022). GDP (current US$) - UK | Data. World development indicators, 1960-2021, GDP-UK. from https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.CD?contextual=default&locations=GB.
4. Trading Economics. (2022). United Kingdom Inflation Rate – June 2022 Data – 1989-2021 Historical – July Forecast. Retrieved 2022, from https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/inflation-cpi.
5. Hopson, E. (2022). Business insights and impact on the UK economy-office for National Statistics. Retrieved July2022fromhttps://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustryandtrade/business/businessservices/bulletins/businessinsightAndimpactontheukukeconomy/latest.
6. Bye, S. (2022, February 14). International trade: benefits, barriers and business. University of Lincoln. Retrieved July 2022, from https://online.lincoln.ac.uk/international-trade-benefits-barriers-and-business/.
7. Leonard, M.(2015, January). Geo-economics: Seven Challenges to Globalization. World Economic Forum. Retrieved July 2022, from https://www.weforum.org/reports/geo-economics-seven-challenges-globalization.
8. TPS Global Logistic. (2021, August 12). How will the shortage of UK truck drivers impact businesses. TPS Global. Retrieved July 2022, from https://tps-global.com/how-will-the-shortage-of-uk-truck -drivers-impact-supply-chains/.
9. Ayres, S.(2014, April 15). The UK’s trade relationship with China. Https://Commonslibrary.Parliament.Uk/the-Uks-Trade-Relationship-with-China.
10. Stephens, M(2021,February12).Coronavirus and the impact on output in the-UK-economy-officefornationationalstatics.https://www.ons.gov.uk/grossdomesticproductgdp/articales/coronavirusandtheimpactOnoutputintheukeconomy/december2020.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.