Series Vol. 21 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
With the rapid development of the economy and technology and the application of technologies such as 5G in the Internet of Things, the smart home gradually enters the daily life of consumers through the presentation of different scenes. Multiple factors influence Huawei’s late start in the smart home. This passage uses the 4PS marketing strategy and PEST analysis to conduct research from four levels: politics, economy, technology, and society. The study finds that in the development process of the Huawei smart home, political and economic factors play a leading role, while technology and social factors play a mentoring role. Four factors promote its rapid development under the macro environment. Relevant political conditions promote the development of smart home. In contrast, good economic conditions promote the rise of smart home, and developed technical conditions give smart home innovation and optimization power. Finally, social groups directly affect the popularity of smart home.
smart home, influencing factor, development trend
1. Stojkoska, R., Trivodaliev, K.:A review of Internet of Things for smart home: Challenges and solutions. Journal of cleaner production 140, 1454-1464(2017).
2. Robles, J., Kim, H.: Applications, systems and methods in smart home technology: A. Int. Journal of Advanced Science And Technology 15, 37-48(2010).
3. Yang, A., Zhang, C., Chen, Y., Zhuansun, Y., Liu, H.: Security and privacy of smart home systems based on the Internet of Things and stereo matching algorithms. IEEE Internet of Things Journal 7(4), 2521-2530(2019).
4. Gram-Hanssen, K., Darby, J.: “Home is where the smart is”? Evaluating smart home research and approaches against the concept of home. Energy Research & Social Science 37, 94-101(2018).
5. Wilson, C., Hargreaves, T., Hauxwell-Baldwin, R.: Benefits and risks of smart home technologies. Energy Policy 103, 72-83(2017).
6. Saad al-sumaiti, A., Ahmed, M. H., Salama, M. M.: Smart home activities: A literature review. Electric Power Components and Systems 42(3-4), 294-305(2014).
7. Jiazhen, C., Wisdom, W.: PEST-SWOT analysis of smart home development in China. Furniture 06, 53-57(2020).
8. Weiwei, H.: Application of IOT sensor technology in smart home. Electronic Technology 12, 145-147(2022).
9. Huan, X.: Design of human-computer interaction system for age-appropriate smart home based on intelligent algorithm. Automation and Instrumentation 12, 16-19(2022).
10. Zou, Z.: Construction of smart home security system in the context of Internet. Science and Technology Innovation and Applications 36, 137-139+144(2022).
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.