Series Vol. 21 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Cross-border e-commerce can significantly reduce the threshold of overseas market development. In recent years, cross-border e-commerce flourished, and many domestic enterprises have tried to go overseas. The rapid development of cross-border e-commerce has led to innovation in business. It has created convenient conditions for goods to build brand image in overseas markets. With the development of cross-border e-commerce, more and more talents will flock to this industry. The strategies used by each enterprise are different, and the supply chain and brand management of each enterprise will affect their status and influence in the cross-border e-commerce industry. SHEIN is a cross-border e-commerce company mainly focusing on fashion, clothing, accessories, etc. This article will analyze SHEIN's competitive advantages from several specific aspects and give some suggestions. Through the study and analysis of SHEIN, we have a more accurate and practical understanding of the cross-border e-commerce industry and this brand.
cross-border e-commerce, competitive advantages, SHEIN
1. Liu, J.: Research on the Business Strategy and Deficiency of the Fast Fashion Industry to Enhance Development-a Case Study of Shein. In 2022 2nd International Conference on Economic Development and Business Culture (ICEDBC 2022), 1794-1801(2022).
2. Gutierrez, I., Nehls, K.: Unsustainable Fast Fashion in the United States(2021).
3. GONG, M. J., Wang, J.: The Competitive and Development Strategy of China’s Local Fast Fashion Apparel Enterprises under New Retail Model. Business Prospects 1(1), 66-77 (2020).
4. Héry, M. Fashion: workers as slaves to consumer trends?, (2022).
5. Scholarworks Homepage, https://scholarworks.lib.csusb.edu/etd/1453/, last accessed 2022/5/2.
6. Wang, Y.: The survival of cross-border e-commerce under the pandemic-the example of Shein. In 2022 4th International Conference on Economic Management and Cultural Industry(ICEMCI 2022) ,2116-2126(2022).
7. Caro, F., Martínez-de-Albéniz, V.: Fast fashion: Business model overview and research opportunities. Retail supply chain management: Quantitative models and empirical studies, 237-264 (2015).
8. Uclawreview Homepage, https://uclawreview.org/2022/06/22/detrimental-impact-of-the-fast-fashion-industry/, last accessed 2022/6/22.
9. Shen, J.: Analyzing on the Going Global Marketing Strategy–Taking Shein as an Example. In 2022 International Conference on Creative Industry and Knowledge Economy (CIKE 2022), 225-229(2022).
10. Zhang, L., & Gou, Y.: Value-Creation Strategy of Nanjing SHEIN. International Journal of Frontiers in Sociology 3(20), 89-94(2021).
11. Donatello, S.: SHEIN: How Immaterial Labor Fuels the Capitalist Fast Fashion Industry. Comm-entary 18(1), 7(2022).
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.