Series Vol. 18 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
In this article, we aim to compare the bank’s loan financing business in China and the United States. We will focus on banks' personal lending business, including housing, student, and personal consumption loans. We will analyze the personal loan business of Chinese and U.S. banks separately and compare the personal loan business of both banks. The result of our comparison is that the government controls the lending system in China. China's loan system is formulated by the People's Bank of China, which is less liberal than the US loan system. China's loan laws are also imperfect, and there is a lack of third-party supervision. The United States has a complete system with guarantor agencies that China does not have. The government and the market are Multi-participation, and the Secondary Market is also involved, sharing the risk.
mortgage, loan system, personal credit
1. 2022 What are the latest personal housing loan policies (n.d.). Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://mip.66law.cn/laws/457647.aspx?ivk_sa=1023345q
2. Housing loans. GovLoans. (n.d.). Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.govloans.gov/categories/housing-loans/
3. McMillin, D. (n.d.). Fixed-rate mortgages: A guide. Bankrate. Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.bankrate.com/mortgages/what-is-a-fixed-rate-mortgage/
4. Mortgage loan options. What are your mortgage loan options? | Central Bank. (n.d.). Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.centralbank.net/mortgage-center/loan-types/
5. U.S. Bank Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM). Adjustable-rate mortgage loans | ARM rates | U.S. Bank. (2022, August 15). Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.usbank.com/home-loans/mortgage/adjustable-rate-mortgages.html
6. H.R.6 - 105th congress (1997-1998): Higher Education Amendments of 1998 ... (n.d.). Retrieved September 1, 2022, from https://www.congress.gov/bill/105th-congress/house-bill/6
7. Woodhall, M. (1987). Lending for learning: Designing a student loan programme for developing countries. Commonwealth Secretariat.
8. Mortgage rates. Freddie Mac. (n.d.). Retrieved September 1, 2022, from https://www.freddiemac.com/pmms
9. Personal consumer credit: A comparison between China and the United States. (n.d.). Retrieved September 4, 2022, from http://rdbk1.ynlib.cn:6251/Qk/Paper/342816#anchorList
10. Smyth, D. (2021, February 2). How much do homes increase in value in 10 years? Home Guides | SF Gate. Retrieved September 9, 2022, from https://homeguides.sfgate.com/much-homes-increase-value-10-years-100948.html
11. Personal consumer credit_Baidu encyclopedia. Baidu encyclopedia. (n.d.). Retrieved September 4, 2022, from https://baike.baidu.com/item/%E4%B8%AA%E4%BA%BA%E6%B6%88%E8%B4%B9%E4%BF%A1%E8%B4%B7/960595
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.