Series Vol. 21 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
This study aims to investigate the reasons for low user retention on online fitness technology App platforms and to give recommendations. Through data collection and analysis, the study concludes that the main reasons for the low user retention rate of online fitness technology App platforms are the impact of video platforms, the lack of functional differences in the App itself, the single incentive approach of the App platform, the free content diversion of the App itself and the poor ecology of the platform. Given the limited target users and low user potential of such App platforms, this study makes the following recommendations: Development of Differential Functions to Promote Heterogeneous Competition, Extension of Equipment Chains to Improve Industry Ecology, Introduction of Fitness Celebrities to Incite User Emotions, and Integration of Fragmented Courses to Stimulate Cashback Psychology.
online fitness App, user retention, video platform impact
1. Huang, L., Zhu, J., Wang, X., Huang, L.: Look at online fitness technology companies from Keep’s prospectus.Huatai Research(2022).
2. Wang, J., Wang, F.: The Research on Functional Experience Evaluation of Running APP. Technoeconomics & Management Research 2, 20-24.(2019).
3. Che, X., Song, Y., Yang, Y.: Survey and analysis of college students’ use of sports apps: A case study of Enshi University. Modern Vocational Education 9, 66-67(2022).
4. Zhai, Z.: On Influencing Factors of User Information Release Behavior in UGC Community: Case Study of Keep. Information Research 03, 33-39(2022).
5. Chen, J., Liu, Y., Xie, Y.: Research on Continuous Use Intention of Fitness APP Users Based on ELM. Journal of Jilin Sport University38(3), 31-39(2022).
6. Zhu, L., Chen X., Intelligent Fitness Empowered by Internet of Things: Value, Realistic Dilemma and Optimization Path[J]. Sports Culture Guide,2022(08):58-64.
7. Tian, Y.: PEST Analysis and Promotion Strategy of Online Fitness Development in the Post-Epidemic Period. Sports Culture Guide 9, 59-66(2022).
8. Liu, G., Li, Y.: Research on the Impact of User Interaction on Value Co-creation Behavior-A Case Study of Online Fitness Community.Jiangxi Social Science 41(12), 197-207+256(2021).
9. Lu, F., Huang, Y.: Research on the Design and Construction of Home Fitness Products Based on Gamification Thinking Theory.SHOES TECHNOLOGY AND DESIGN 2(15),141-143(2022).
10. Wang, J., Liu, W.: Study on the Factors Influencing the Sticky Behavior of Online Course Users. DISTANCE EDUCATION IN CHINA 03, 61-67+75(2022).
11. Li, B., Wang, L.: The Driving Effect of Consumer Upgrading on User Stickiness Under the Live E-commerce Model.Proceedings of Business and Economic Studies14, 72-74(2022).
12. Yang, Z., Griffiths, D., Yan, Z., Xu, W.: Can watching online videos be addictive? A qualitative exploration of online video watching among chinese young adults. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 18(14), (2021).
13. Tian, J., Liu, J.: Exploring the Life Cycle of the Internet Products from Perspective of the Traditional Product Life Cycle Theory. PACKAGING ENGINEERING 37(10), 131-135(2016).
14. Wang, Y., Zhang, Z., Li, F.: Stepwise Incentive Mechanism of Demand Response Considering Uncertainty of User Behaviors.Automation of Electric Power Systems 46(20), 64-73(2022).
15. Zhang, Q., Li, B.: A Study of the Motive Behind Digital Platform Bundling Strategy: Based on the Perspective of Cross-group Networks Externalities. Journal of Management 34(02), 65-79(2021).
16. Chen, W., Chan, T.: IDC theory: habit and the habit loop. Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning, 15(1),(2020).
17. He, J., Gao, X.: Frontiers and Findings of the Studies on Opening Strategy of Innovation Platforms.QILU JOURNAL 02,119-131(2022).
18. Meng, L.: The impact of online celebrity in livestreaming E-commerce on purchase intention from the perspective of emotional contagion. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services 63(2021).
19. Feng, T.: Research on the Operation and Development behind the “Cashback Mechanism” -Habit-forming English Learning App.CHINA JOURNAL of COMMERCE 24,137-139(2019).
20. Wang, P.: The Effect of Individual Leisure Time Allocation on Labor Productivity in China.Tourism Tribune37(10), 26-38(2022).
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.