Series Vol. 10 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
The choice of a reasonable and scientific sampling method and the implementation of efficient quality control tests can help companies achieve economic and social benefits. In this paper, probability theory and statistics are applied to provide a basis for enterprises to consider the choice of sampling with and without replacement through case studies and modeling. These two sampling methods lead to binomial and hypergeometric distributions of probabilities, respectively. The differences between them are found to be negligible in the case of large population size by calculations at N→∞. Based on comparison of sampling methods, this paper further divides the manufacturing industry into the chemical industry, which is sensitive to the reliability of quality control test, and other manufacturing industries, which are more sensitive to cost while controlling quality. In the end, suggestions are proposed for improving quality control tests for the category industries respectively.
binominal distribution, hypergeometric distribution, sampling method, quality control test
1. Wang,Y.: Bayes Reliability Sampling and Inspection Scheme for Normally Distributed Products. Journal of Jilin Institute of Chemical Technology (05), 88-92 (2020).
2. Wei, P., Qin, G., Liang, X.: A sampling test scheme based on conjugate normal distribution. Journal of Xiangtan University (Natural Science Edition) (04), 13-17+34. (2021).
3. Chang, C.: A fast algorithm on inventory product quality level assessment. Light Industry Standards and Quality (01), 79-83 (2021).
4. Traat, I., Ilves, M.: The Hypergeometric Sampling Design, Theory and Practice. Acta Applicandae Mathematicae (1-3) (2007).
5. Bouslah, B., Gharbi, A., Pellerin, R.: Integrated production, sampling quality control and maintenance of deteriorating production systems with AOQL constraint. Omega (2016).
6. Chang, Z.: Application of probabilistic methods in quality inspection of textile products. Mathematical Statistics and Management (03), 41-43 (2003).
7. Qiu, W., Ren, Z., Zhao, F.: Application of metrology sampling in quality inspection of gear ring parts. Light Industry Machinery (05), 102-106 (2019).
8. Jiang, A.: Exploration of the importance of sampling inspection methods in product quality inspection. China Standardization (18),100-101 (2017).
9. Guo, X.: Using probability theory and mathematical statistics theory to optimize product quality supervision and sampling system. China Inspection and Testing (03) (2017).
10. Zhou, F., Wang, X., Yang, X., Jia, Y.: Rumination on the process control of chemical product sampling in quality supervision and inspection. Chemical Management (35), 203 (2014).
11. Luan, M.: Analysis of influencing factors of chemical product quality testing and strategies to cope with them. Chemical Management (06), 60 (2017).
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.