Series Vol. 7 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
In response to the aging population, China has proposed a new family planning policy, the "three-child policy." On May 31, 2021, the Decision on Optimizing the Fertility Policy to Promote Long-term Balanced Population Development pointed out that China's fertility policy should be further optimized, which included that a couple can have three children. On July 20th, 2021, “the Decision of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the State Council on Optimizing the Fertility Policy to Promote Long-term Balanced Population Development” was announced. On July 21, the "Notice of the Office of the National Medical and Social Security Bureau on Doing a Good Job in Supporting the three-Child Policy and Maternity Insurance” was announced. On August 20, 2021, the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress passed a decision on the revision of “the Population and Family Planning Law”. The revised law advocates marriage of the right age, good prenatal and postnatal care, and that a couple can have three children. However, it is a great challenge to women, so whether this policy can be effectively improved and implemented will depend on the current social and political development situation. This paper will analyze the "three-child policy" from both advantages and disadvantages to predict its impact. This is beneficial because it can reduce the aging of the population and promote social and economic development. The disadvantages are the harm to women, physical influence, psychological pressure and social tolerance towards women, and whether the company will reject female employees.
three-child policy, population policy and economic change, female employment
1. “China’s Pension Service Problems and Countermeasures under the Background of the Three-child Policy." Luo Yang hong, Yin Shang, Chengdu Normal University Institute of Marxism, 52 (2021).
2. Li Youhuan, Guangdong University of Finance and Economics, Guangdong Social Responsibility Research Institute, 68, (2021)
3. “The Impact of Population Aging on Residents' Income Gap: Effects and Mechanisms-Also on the Different Effects of Economic Growth, Human Capital Accumulation and Technological Innovation." Song Jiaying, Wang Yanan, Gao Chuansheng, School of Government Administration, Nanjing University
4. How Does the Three-child Policy Affect the Real Estate Market? "Hao Wei, Shanxi Economic Daily Local Level, 1
5. "Three-child, double-reduction policy combination boxing gradually landed, maternal and child consumption ushered in a new wave of policy dividend" Wang Lin, April, (2021).
6. The Real Reason for China's Implementation of "Three Children" Policy, WANG FENG, YONG CAI, Chinese Network of New York Times
7. “Problems and Solutions to the Application of Maternity Insurance for Female Employees Who Have Children out of wedlock under the Background of the Three-child Policy", Chang Yajie, Research Center of Labor and Social Security Law of Wuhan University, Guo Hao Law Firm (Shenzhen), (2021)
8. “Starting from" Raising Children with Higher Cost ", Chen Qiang, ,59, (2013).
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.