Series Vol. 13 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
The context of this paper is to explore the impact that financial analysts have had on major companies and the magnitude of that impact based on data from 2011-2019. This paper used a step-by-step approach of making models and analyzing data tables to apply theory and analysis to draw conclusions. It also involves extensive reading and extracting of literature and data sources. The main finding of this paper is that financial analysts do help the success and growth of a business to a great extent. It is one of the essential aspects and elements. It is even more necessary for those companies that have financial constraints. The impact is even greater for small and medium-sized companies than for large companies. Finally, policy advice and investor advice is a very good part of the analyst process for small and medium-sized businesses that have a clear position. It makes the whole business more likely to succeed with fewer detours.
analyst attention, investment efficiency, SMEs
1. CFI team. What Does a Financial Analyst Do? (2021-02-24) [2022-09-12]. https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/careers/jobs/what-does-a-financial-analyst-do-day-in-the-life/.
2. Sokano. What does a financial analyst do? [2022-09-12]. https://www.careerexplorer.com/careers/financial-analyst/.
3. Li, S., & Zhang, M. (2022). The impact of analysts’ attention and research reports’ attention on corporate bond credit spreads in China. Procedia Computer Science, 199, 284-292.
4. Brogaard, J., Shi, W., Wei, K. C., & You, H. (2019). Do analysts improve investment efficiency?. Haifeng, Do Analysts Improve Investment Efficiency.
5. Financial Analyst job description guide. [2022-09-12]. https://www.roberthalf.com.hk/employers/finance-accounting/financial-analyst-jobs.
6. Yang Z, Liu F, Li B. Interest Rate Liberalization, Inefficient Investment and Capital allocation: A natural experiment based on the abolition of the upper and lower limits of lending rates by the People's Bank of China. Financial Research Journal, 2017(05):81-96.
7. Tracy Wu. China Stock Market & Accounting Research (CSMAR). [2022-09-12]. https://wrds-www.wharton.upenn.edu/pages/about/data-vendors/china-stock-market-accounting-research-csmar/.
8. CSMAR homepage. [2022-09-14]. http://www.csmar.com/.
9. Hadlock C. and J Pierce, New Evidence on Measuring Financial Constraints: Moving Beyond the KZ Index”. Review of Financial Studies, 2010, 23(5):1909-1940.
10. Hu H, Cai D. Intellectual capital, executive agent motivation and inefficient investment. Accounting communication, 2022 (16): 88-93.
11. Yao X. Institutional background, management characteristics and company investment efficiency. Friends of accounting, 2022 (15): 110-116.
12. Shao C, He Y. Institutional investor network and enterprise inefficient investment. Friends of accounting, 2022 (14): 44-53.
13. Wang Y. The impact of China's industrial policy on enterprises' inefficient investment. Economic issues, 2022 (07): 80-87.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.