Series Vol. 20 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
In just ten years, POP MART has developed rapidly and become the leader in the national LOMO market. It would be worthwhile to analyze and summarize its marketing strategy. This paper expounds on the brand background, industry background, STP analysis and 4P theory of the POP MART brand, and analyzes the marketing strategy of the POP MART brand. By reviewing the relevant literature in the last three years, this paper analyzes the brand problems and brand advantages. The advantages of the brand are obvious, such as the cooperation with many IP products, and exquisite product design. The acceptability of price and unit price of products is high. Brand marketing takes advantage of consumer psychology. Online and offline promotions are also plentiful. However, there are still some problems, such as low brand recognition, unsatisfactory customer promotion and insufficient product development. Customer loyalty and competitiveness of POP MART need to be improved. According to the above information, this paper puts forward several suggestions: The business should open a new market, such as the male market. Also, businesses should improve the product emotional value of the product and make the product become story innovative, etc. In cooperation with IP, the brand should analyze and understand the corresponding consumer groups of each IP, which can make more targeted update plans. Also, it enhances the brand awareness and recognition of its own brand.
POP MART, marketing strategy, product design
1. Fan J.: Research on marketing strategy of POP Mart market. Business Culture (23), 28-29 (2021).
2. POP MART, POP MART Brand introduction, https://www.popmart.com/kr/brand-introduction, last accessed 2023/1/12.
3. MobTech, Blind Box Economic Insight Report, https://mob.com/mobdata/report/120, last accessed 2023/1/12.
4. Zhang J.: Analysis of Pop Mart based on STP, 4P and PSESTEL. BCP Business & Management 34, 176-183 (2022).
5. Chen X.: Research on blind boxes consumers---Taking Pop Mart as an example- Proceedings of the 2021 International Conference on Economic Development and Business Culture, pp. 21-26. Atlantis Press, (2021).
6. Jia C.: Research on marketing strategy of POP Mart quadratic market. Inner Mongolia University, (2021).
7. Gao J., Chen R.: Understanding consumer behaviors of Generation Z under China’s blind box economy: case company: POP MART. Lab University of Applied Sciences, (2022).
8. Wang D.: POP Mart marketing strategy research. Qingdao University of Science and Technology, (2021).
9. Zhang Z.: Research on blind box and its marketing strategy. 2021 International Conference on Economic Development and Business Culture, pp. 115-118. Atlantis Press, (2021).
10. Ma Y.: POP MART LOMO play blind box marketing strategy. Cooperative Economy and Technology (17), 74-75 (2022).
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.