Series Vol. 16 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Product differentiation is a key component of market structure, according to the theory of industrial organization, and the degree to which enterprises control the market depends on how well they differentiate their products. In addition, the company generates enough uniqueness in the components making up the product entity or in the delivery of the prod-uct to distinguish it from competing goods of a similar nature and draw in customers, earning their preference and loyalty. This paper introduces the causes of product differen-tiation, analyzes its application in the market and the implementable strategies for enter-prises to achieve product differentiation, and uses some examples to illustrate that product differentiation is a highly visible marketing strategy, which should be widely promoted. At the same time, it also has certain limitations and instability. Products need to establish a variety of different advantages and long-term supply chain between enterprises, cannot blindly exaggerate the role of product differentiation. In the current market environment, the same product categories emerge in endlessly. Therefore, businesses must properly cre-ate differentiation in order to make their products stand out.
competitive advantage, technical innovation, price differentiation, establishing cognition
1. Tarver E.: Industrial vs. Consumer Goods: What’s the Difference? (2021).
2. Rebecca, M.H., Johnson, R. Procter & Gamble: Marketing Capabilities. Harvard Business School Strategy Unit Case No. 311-117 (2012).
3. Omar M., Williams, R. Managing and maintaining corporate reputation and brand, identity: Haier Group logo. J Brand Manag 13, pp.268–275 (2006).
4. From red carpet to homogeneity, https://cg.13pc.com/success/14/success62469.htm, last accessed 2022/10/6.
5. Jefferson M., Direct selling is more relevant than ever’: Avon on attracting a new generation (2021).
6. Rekhab, B.: The Difference Between Coca-Cola and Pepsi, Explained (2021).
7. Michelle T.: Luckin Coffee is back and bigger than Starbucks in China, CNN Business (2022).
8. Nongfu Spring, http://www.invest-data.com/eWebEditor/uploadfile/2019050319560060889873.pdf, last accessed 2022/10/8.
9. LET’S,CAMERA,ACTION!ATWINTONCASTLE, https://www.wintoncastle.co.uk/lights-camera-action-at-winton-castle/, last accessed 2022/10/9.
10. Nongfu Spring origin place, https://www.nongfuspring.com/originplace/, last accessed 2022/10/9.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.