Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Economic Management and Green Development
Series Vol. 36
, 10 November 2023
Access | Article
Research on the Influence of Social Media Marketing on Consumers' Purchase Intention——Taking Xiaohongshu as an Example
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Advances in Economics, Management and Political Sciences, Vol. 36,
Published 10 November 2023. © 2023 The Author(s). Published by EWA
This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and
of the Creative Commons
Attribution (CC BY) license
, which permits
unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the
original work is properly cited.
Citation Shuyue Li. Research on the Influence of Social Media Marketing on Consumers' Purchase Intention——Taking Xiaohongshu as an Example. AEMPS (2023) Vol. 36: 1-4. DOI: 10.54254/2754-1169/36/20231772.
With over 300 million registered members, Xiaohongshu, a social media network that mixes e-commerce and content development, has grown to be a crucial marketing tool for small enterprises. By providing visually appealing and educational content, Xiaohongshu enables businesses to build trust and loyalty with their target audience and perhaps affect consumer behavior and purchase intention. This study aims to examine the effect of Xiaohongshu marketing on consumer purchase intention for small enterprises, using the Theory of Planned Behavior (TPB), the Social Influence Theory, and the Technological Acceptance Model (TAM) to provide insights and suggestions. The conclusion of this study is that Xiaohongshu marketing can have a significant impact on consumer behavior for small businesses.
Xiaohongshu, Theory of Planned Behavior (TPB), social influence theory, Technological Acceptance Model (TAM), consumer behavior
1. Kim, M., & Lennon, S. J. (2018). Adoption of consumer-facing mobile AR apps: An investigation of design and flow experience factors. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 42, 1-14.
2. Wang, W., & Sun, S. (2021). The influence of user-generated content on consumer purchase intention: A case study of Xiaohongshu. Telematics and Informatics, 57, 101502. doi: 10.1016/j.tele.2020.101502.
3. Wang, D., & Zhao, S. (2020). Factors affecting users' purchase intention of social e-commerce: An empirical study of Xiaohongshu. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 54, 102048. doi: 10.1016/j.jretconser.2019.102048.
4. Lu, X., & Guo, L. (2021). How Does User-Generated Content Influence Consumer Purchase Intentions on Social Commerce Platforms? The Mediating Role of Social Presence and Perceived Interactivity. Journal of Interactive Advertising, 21(1), 52-67.
5. Wu, P., & Bai, X. (2021). How Social Influence Affects Consumers' Purchase Intention in Social E-commerce: The Moderating Role of Social Comparison. Frontiers in Psychology, 12, 636906.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available
from the authors upon reasonable request.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0
Authors who publish this series agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the series right of first publication
with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution
License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the
work's authorship and initial publication in this series.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual
for the non-exclusive distribution of the series's published version of the
(e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with
acknowledgment of its initial publication in this series.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in
institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the
process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and
citation of published work (See Open Access Instruction).
- Volume Title
- Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Economic Management and Green Development
- ISBN (Print)
- ISBN (Online)
- Published Date
- 10 November 2023
- Advances in Economics, Management and Political Sciences
- ISSN (Print)
- ISSN (Online)
- © 2023 The Author(s)
- Open Access
- This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and
conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license, which
permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium,
provided the original work is properly cited