Series Vol. 17 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
The Chinese ex-pat relocation market is a huge and growing market with remaining problems that need to be solved. To help entrepreneurs get a better start in this golden market, this paper will disclose the best business model, B2B or B2C, that companies can choose to enter the market. Interviews, surveys, and competitive comparisons are used as methods to explore what service customers are eager for and what competitors in the market have done. After analyzing customer needs, the business model of competitors and differences between the B2B and B2C business models in the Chinese ex-pat relocation market, and with the discussion about the desirability, feasibility, and viability risks of the two business models, it is concluded that B2C is the best model to choose, because of its long-term development and revenue. Also, the B2C business model faces less risk when the whole market environment become to change.
B2B model, B2C model, the Chinese ex-pat relocation market
1. Chu, B. (2022, March 5). Why are Chinese students so keen on the UK? BBC News. Retrieved September 29, 2022, from https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-60587499.
2. Education, H. (2020, January 16). Higher Education Student Statistics: UK, 2018/19. HESA. Retrieved September 29, 2022, from https://www.hesa.ac.uk/news/16-01-2020/sb255-higher-education-student-statistics.
3. Of, I. (2018). Impact of international students in the UK - GOV.UK. migration advisory committee. Retrieved September 29, 2022, from https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/739089/Impact_intl_students_report_published_v1.1.pdf.
4. Zhang, G. (2003). Migration of Highly Skilled Chinese to Europe: Trends and Perspective, Wiley Online Library,41(3).73-97, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/1468-2435.00242.
5. Walsh, P, M. (2022, September 23). Student Migration to the UK. THE MIGRATION OBSERVATORY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD. https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/student-migration-to-the-uk/.
6. Iannelli, C. & Huang, J. (2014). Trends in participation and attainment of Chinese students in UK higher education, Studies in Higher Education, 39(5), 805-822, DOI: 10.1080/03075079.2012.754863.
7. Zhai, K.& Cao, K (2022) Determinants of Chinese students’ increasing pursuit of UK’s taught master degree under the third wave of international education mobility, Asia Pacific Journal of Education, DOI: 10.1080/02188791.2022.2081129.
8. ZPG group mid-year report 2021 (no date) Zoopla. Available at: https://www.zoopla.co.uk/press/releases/zpg-group-midyear-report-2021/ (Accessed: October 15, 2022).
9. Name (2021) UK rental 10 attention points - UKELJU, UKLEJU. Available at: https://ukleju.com/veiwing-the-rent-house-tips/ (Accessed: October 15, 2022).
10. Wu, H. (2019, May 31). The Impacts of Host Photos on Consumer Purchase Probability in P2P Short-Term Rental Platform: Mediating Effect of Initial Trust. Retrieved 6 October 2022, from https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/ahtr/issue/45580/453268.
11. Renting privately (no date) Citizens Advice. Available at: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/renting-privately/ (Accessed: October 15, 2022).
12. Wang Zhong (2013). Breaking the Trap of Overseas Rent, World Expo, 62-64.
14. Accommodating Students. (n.d.). Taylor & Francis. Retrieved 6 October 2022, from https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13676260220134458.
15. Yang Dongni. (2021). Studying Abroad Independently, Starting From Renting A House, Studying Abroad (15), 80-83https://kns.cnki.net/kcms/detail/detail.aspx?dbcode=CJFD&dbname=CJFDLASN2021&filename=LIUX202115020&uniplatform=NZKPT&v=pawOBWaFkTo3T4IQrCD3C4XdhjbDXvjkpWvGrx_76__CED5T17c9fTtTkOOCDFcg.
16. Saunders, M., Lewis, P. and Thornhill, A. 2016. Research methods for business students. Pearson Australia Pty, https://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=zh-CN&lr=&id=u-txtfaCFiEC&oi=fnd&pg=PA2&dq=Saunders,+M.,+Lewis,+P.+and+Thornhill,+A.,+2016.+RESEARCH+METHODS+FOR+BUSINESS+STUDENTS&ots=DxLVAfGbaJ&sig=cltHy8f72tR3uYihzq5JTsiTjP8#v=onepage&q&f=false.
17. Melissa, H. 2022. Simple Random Sample: Advantages and Disadvantages. https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/042815/what-are-disadvantages-using-simple-random-sample-approximate-larger-population.asp.
18. What we do | Rightmove PLC. (n.d.). Rightmove PLC. Retrieved October 6, 2022, from https://plc.rightmove.co.uk/about-us/what-we-do.
19. Rental, O. (n.d.). Overseas rental_long-term rental apartment_student accommodation-uhomes. Overseas Rental. Retrieved October 6, 2022, from https://en.uhomes.com/.
20. Written by Zenyx GriffithsReviewed by Graham Norwood 20th May 2020(Last updated on 30th Aug 2022)9 minute read et al. (2022) Rightmove or Zoopla: Which one is best for you?, Compare My Move. Available at: https://www.comparemymove.com/advice/selling-a-house/rightmove-or-zoopla (Accessed: October 15, 2022).
21. Better, B. (n.d.). Building Better Business Relationships with B2B CRM. Salesforce.com. Retrieved September 27, 2022, from https://www.salesforce.com/eu/learning-centre/crm/b2b-crm/.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.