Series Vol. 22 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
China has made enormous strides in economic development since the reform and opening up., while medicine and health care are relatively backward. Medical insurance is a very important social insurance project and an important institutional arrangement in the modern social security system. In addition to the common functions of social insurance, it also protects the physical and mental health of workers timely. It has special functions such as repairing labor capacity, reducing the economic burden of workers and their families, improving the physical fitness of the whole people, and promoting the healthy development of health services. Research question: which is better, Chinese insurance or American insurance. This paper analyzes the advantages of American insurance and the disadvantages of Chinese insurance through comparative research. This paper compares the coverage and protection, objects of insurance in China and the United States. By summing up the advantages of American insurance, it hopes that it can play a reference role in improving China's insurance. After analysis, this paper can draw the conclusion that the state needs to strengthen the people's awareness of maintenance, control the growth of medical expenses, and implement nationwide medical insurance.
insurance in China, American insurance, coverage of medical insurance, enlightenment
1. Yang Jianxian. Research on the Comparison between China and America Medical Care Reform. Hebei: Hebei University of Economics and Trade. 2011. DOI: 10.7666/d.y1911138.
2. Wang Haiyan, Comparative Study of Social Security Systems between China and the United States CPC Central Party School, 2010.
3. Zhang Tao Research on the Operation Mechanism of American Healthcare System and its Implications for the Healthcare Reform in China. Beijing: Beijing Jiaotong University, 2013. DOI: 10.7666/d.Y3126803.
4. Xu Xian, Zhou Yuan, Yu Anqi The experience and enlightenment of American medical insurance reform, Journal of Fudan University (Social Science Edition), 2022, 64(1): 156-164. DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.0257-0289.2022.01.016.
5. Shi Weiqiang Comparison and enlightenment of medical security system between China and the United States, Times Finance (late), 2012, (3): 54.
6. Meng Erwang, Zhang Yifa, Zhou Xiangwen The characteristics of American managed medical care and its implications for China's medical reform, Jiangsu Health Administration, 2012, 23 (1): 29-30. DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.1005-7803.2012.01.014.
7. Xiao Haiqing American pension insurance system and its enlightenment to China, New West (the second ten-day issue), 2016, (6): 170164 DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.1009-8607(x).2016.06.118.
8. Gao Fangying A Preliminary Study of the American Medical Insurance System, Journal of Suzhou University (Philosophy and Social Sciences Edition), 2007, (5): 99-103. DOI:10.3969/j.issn.1001-4403.2007.05.027.
9. Yue Juan Comparative study of the new medical system reform between China and the United States, Beijing: Beijing Jiaotong University, 2011. DOI: 10.7666/d.y1962704
10. Huang Cui Comparative study of medical reform programs between China and the United States, Enterprise Guide, 2011 (5): 8.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.