Series Vol. 21 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
In 2019, COVID-19 swept the world, significantly blowing the Chinese and global markets. Maintaining market share has become the goal of Chinese and even global enterprises. Based on huge market research and data, a few enterprises are still maintaining growth momentum under the sluggish market environment, and the Tencent game is one of them. This article takes "Tencent Game Competitive Advantage Analysis" as the topic, selects Tencent Game as the research object, analyzes the online game industry environment using Porter’s five forces model, and analyzes Tencent Game’s competitive advantages from the aspects of research and development, marketing, operation, and anti-risk ability so that it remains in the leading position in the game market and still obtains much economic income in the face of adverse circumstances. By analyzing Tencent’s competitive advantages, it has great reference value and experience for the future development of other online game companies.
competitive advantage, Tencent Game, case study
1. Zhang, S., Jin, Y.: Research on the current situation and strategy of online games “going abroad” under the wave of internationalization-Tencent games as an example. New Media Research 7(16),101-106(2021).
2. Cheng, R., Wang, Q.: An analysis of the profitability model of mobile games in China. Communication and Copyright 3,57-59+66(2021).
3. Li, Z.: Exploring the marketing strategy of Tencent online games. National circulation economy 19,118-119(2020).
4. Wang, T.: Insights from the layout of the game industry - taking Tencent Games as an example. Business News 18,13+15(2019).
5. Liu, Q., Liu, J.: Analysis of the competitive pattern and development potential of China’s hand game market-Tencent and Netease as an example. Times Finance 29,193-194(2018).
6. Lu, N.: The marketing model of Chinese online games in the new competitive environment. Modern marketing 02, 54(2012).
7. Tu, R.: Online game differentiation competition strategy from Tencent game. Southeast Communication 09, 52-54(2009).
8. Zhang, M.: Online game market characteristics and competitive strategy analysis. China Economic Issues 01, 49-54(2009).
9. Sun, G.: Analysis of the competitive environment of China’s online game industry. Science and Technology Management Research 10,53-54+49(2007).
10. Mao, X.: Structural changes of China’s online game industry and enterprises’ behavioral choices-a perspective based on value elasticity of competitive parts of the industrial value chain. Contemporary Finance 08,98-102(2007).
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.