Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Business and Policy Studies
Series Vol. 14
, 13 September 2023
Access | Article
Determinants of Effective Financial Risk Management in Malaysian companies
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Advances in Economics, Management and Political Sciences, Vol. 14,
Published 13 September 2023. © 2023 The Author(s). Published by EWA
This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and
of the Creative Commons
Attribution (CC BY) license
, which permits
unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the
original work is properly cited.
Citation Minghan Wang. Determinants of Effective Financial Risk Management in Malaysian companies. AEMPS (2023) Vol. 14: 23-26. DOI: 10.54254/2754-1169/14/20230774.
This study was intended to create a theoretical framework of factors affecting the efficien-cy of financial risk management, including leadership, culture and communication. Litera-ture searches were conducted utilizing library databases and an analysis was made of pre-vious studies related to these topics. Foreign exposure is the major risk faced by infor-mation technology companies. The main reason for this is the substantial part of their in-come comes from foreign countries in foreign currencies. It is important to know here if Malaysian I.T. companies are suffering from loss due to foreign exchange movements, what measures they are taking to minimize risk, how much serious impact is suffered on its profitability. Also reviewed were models published by other authors in this field which were found most helpful in identifying how financial risk management can assist Root-square Technologies, the most rapidly growing, innovative I.T. Services & Enterprise I.T. company operated in Malaysia.
accounting theory, financial risk management, root-square technologies
1. M.T. Fard., F. Samadi.: Effective factors on the implementation of Green IT initiatives in organizations with emphasis on virtualization. Iranian journal of management sciences, 9, 88-112(2014).
2. Aebi, V., Sabato, G., Schmid, M.: Risk management, corporate governance, and bank performance in the financial crisis. Journal of Banking & Finance 36(12), 3209-3236 (2016).
3. Aziz, Y. A., Awang, K. W., Zaiton, S.: Challenges Faced by Micro, Small, and Medium Lodgings in Kelantan, Malaysia. International Journal of Economics and Management 6(1), 161-183 (2012).
4. McClelland, D. C., Rhinesmith, S., Kristensen, R.: The effects of power training on community action agencies. Journal of Applied Behavioural Sciences 11, 90-110 (1975).
5. Bolden, R.: Leadership Development in SMEs: Designing a customized solution. University of Exeter: Centre for Leadership Studies. (2007)
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available
from the authors upon reasonable request.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0
Authors who publish this series agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the series right of first publication
with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution
License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the
work's authorship and initial publication in this series.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual
for the non-exclusive distribution of the series's published version of the
(e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with
acknowledgment of its initial publication in this series.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in
institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the
process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and
citation of published work (See Open Access Instruction).
- Volume Title
- Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Business and Policy Studies
- ISBN (Print)
- ISBN (Online)
- Published Date
- 13 September 2023
- Advances in Economics, Management and Political Sciences
- ISSN (Print)
- ISSN (Online)
- © 2023 The Author(s)
- Open Access
- This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and
conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license, which
permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium,
provided the original work is properly cited