Series Vol. 12 , 13 September 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
With the frequent occurrence of unfortunate events that affect both the public and businesses, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the importance of cause marketing has become increasingly prominent. However, while the number of studies on cause marketing has increased, there is still a lack of validation and interpretation of the relationship between consumer sentiment and cause marketing. Based on the case of cause marketing of Hongxing Erke and domestic and foreign literature, this study mainly uses the process tracking method to analyze the impact of public sentiment on marketing effect. It is found that after the unfortunate event, enterprises can properly reduce the price of goods in the cause marketing, choose the right point to cause marketing and enhance public sincerity, to better use the consumers' emotional resources, to improve the effect of cause marketing, ultimately stimulate consumption, and set up socially responsible for the enterprise brand image.
cause marking, timeliness, authenticity, commodity pricing
1. Xiaheng Zhang.: Impact of COVID-19 on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in China and Countermeasures. China Circulation Economy(34), 26-34(2020).
2. Xin Lan.: The Mechanism of Empathy and Compassion and its Influence on Consumers' Prosocial Behavior under the Unfortunate Events Harmful to Enterprises and the Public. Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, 2021.
3. Weihua Wang.:Tracing the Dismantling Process. International Political Science(7). 156-178(2022).
4. Yong Shu., Guyu Ping.: The Cause Marketing of Enterprises: The Transcendence of Cause Marketing. Journal of Communication University of China (9), 94-97(2012).
5. Varadarajan. P.R., Menon. A. Cause-Related Marketing: A Coalignment of Marketing Strategy and Corporate philanthropy. Journal of Marketing (52). 58-74 (1988).
6. Yanlong Wang.: Analysis of the Research on Media Public welfare Communication in China. The press (3), 51-53(2009).
7. Junwu Gu., Huiqiu Tang., Zhenhua Wang.: Is Cause Marketing a "Money-making Tool" or a "Money-losing Business"-Research on the impact of cause marketing on financial performance. Forecasting(35), 37-42(2016).
8. Aizhong He., Shuai Zheng., Yu Li.:Influence of Cause Marketing on Consumers' Brand Trust and Purchase Intention. Journal of Beijing Technology and Business University (24), 31-36(2009).
9. Kai Yang.: Can Service Staff Arouse Customers' Positive Emotions? A Theory of Emotional Infection and Its Application in Service Marketing. Business Management(196), 174-176(2011).
10. David Myers.: Social Psychology. 11st edu. People's Posts and Telecommunications Press, Beijing(2006).
11. Yanling Song.: Research on Cause Marketing Communication Strategy Based on Emotional Mobilization -- A Case study of VIpshop. Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, 2020.
12. Xiaorong Fu., Xin Lan.: Empathy vs. Compassion? A Study on the Public's Emotional Reaction and Travel Intention After an Unfortunate Event that is Harmful to Both Enterprises and the Public. Travel(35). 109-122(2020).
13. Zhe Zheng., Jiangnan Xing.: Mechanism Research on the Influence of New Consumers' Perception of Cause Marketing Motivation on Consumers' Brand Attitude. Modern marketing(3). 77-78(2020).
14. Gang Shen., Gaofu Liu.: Research on the Influence of Sports Consumers' Perception of Competition Sponsorship on the Brand Image of Sponsorship -- Based on the Moderating Effect of Competition Enrollment. Journal of Xi 'an University of Physical Education(38). 705-712(2021).
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.