Series Vol. 44 , 10 November 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
In recent years, with the deepening of economic globalization, the trade between China and African countries has become increasingly close. The trade between China and Africa has brought economic growth to China and African countries, consolidated the friendly relations between the two sides, and also led to some frictions and disputes. The economic and trade cooperation between China and African countries began as early as around the 1950s. On May 30,1956, Egypt and China established diplomatic relations at the ambassadorial level. It was the first country in Africa to establish diplomatic relations with China, opening a new chapter in China-Africa relations. Since then, China has maintained increasingly close ties with African countries and has established diplomatic relations with more African countries. On this basis, China and African countries have also gradually started economic and trade cooperation. China has helped many African countries to carry out infrastructure construction, promoted the economic development of African countries, and also helped them to enhance their international status to a certain extent. The economic and trade relations between China and East African countries are generally improving, but there are still many problems and instability. Only by carrying out trade in the right way can the friendly relations between China and African countries be maintained.
China-Africa trade, east African countries, economic and trade cooperation
1. Pilling, D. “Chinese investment in Africa: Beijing’s testing ground.” (2017)
2. Zhang, F. Upgrade the supply chain between China and Africa and promote the flourishing of Chinese enterprises in Africa[N]. China Trade News
3. Laufman, A. “Chinese investment in Africa.” university of delaware(2010)
4. Li, H., Qi, L.The Current Situation of Chinese Enterprises Fulfilling Social Responsibility in Africa[J].WTO Economic Herald,2014(12):25-26.
5. Feng, E. and Pilling, D. “The other side of Chinese investment in Africa.” (2019-3-27)
6. Atkins, L., Brautigam, D., Chen, Y. and Hwang, J. “Challenges of and opportunities from the commodity price slump.” (2017)
7. Bai, S. Teaching people to fish, expanding the win-win path for Chinese enterprises investing in Africa[N]. International Business Daily 2023-07-05(001).
8. Meng, X. On Improving the Quality of Party Building Work of Overseas Chinese Enterprises along the "the Belt and Road"[J].Management & Technology of SME,2020(10):44-46.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.