Series Vol. 40 , 10 November 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
With the development of technology, the short video industry has gradually emerged, the traditional media industry can no longer meet the needs of various industries, the more intuitive content in short videos can better attract people's attention; at the same time, the short video viewing does not take up too much of people's time, people can more directly understand the meaning of its expression. This is why more and more people in the industry are choosing to take advantage of the rise of the short video industry to market and promote themselves. Tourism is one of these industries. Tourist attractions take advantage of short videos in order to promote the characteristics of the scenic spots in a more graphic way and to achieve a precise marketing strategy. In this paper, this paper uses Xinjiang as an example, and through literature analysis, mainly studying the changes in the marketing strategy of the tourism industry due to the rise of short videos and the impact it has on the tourism industry. This leads to three innovative strategies suitable for the marketing and promotion of tourism in Xinjiang: improving the authenticity of the video content, enriching the marketing means and expanding the publicity channels and improving the tourism industry chain, which provide implications for the marketing of tourism in Xinjiang.
tourism, marketing strategy, short video, Xinjiang
1. Yinglin Bing,A Study on the Communication of Xinjiang Tourism Image in Douyin Short Video[J],Journal of Jiaozuo University,2022-11-22， DOI:10.16214/j.cnki.cn41-1276/g4.2022.04.017
2. Weina Li，Rui Ma，Reflections on promoting quality tourism development in Xinjiang[J], Seek Truth from Facts,2019-05-10,DOI：10.3969/j.issn.1003-4641.2019.03.10
3. Yilin Xiao,Research on the innovation strategy of tourism marketing model under short video platform[J],China Business News,2021-11-12, DOI：10.19699/j.cnki.issn2096-0298.2021.21.057
4. Rui Geng,Li Wang,A Study on the Marketing Effect of Xinjiang Tourism Destinations in the Context of New Media - An Example of Jieyin Short Video[J],Marketing Community,2020-06-12
5. Defang Qi,Analysis of the tourism marketing model under the short video platform[J],Journal of Economic Research,2020-07-05
6. Boqi Wang,Analysis of Tourism Short Video Distribution and Marketing Model - An Example of Douyin App[J],Jiangsu Business News,2023-04-26, DOI:10.13395/j.cnki.issn.1009-0061.2023.05.001
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.